The hospitality GCSE is a course designed for students who enjoy cooking and would like to develop their skills and knowledge in the dynamic industry of Hospitality and Catering; eg Hotels, Restaurants, food and drink service. The course does have a practical bias towards preparing and cooking food and customer service but there is as with all GCSE's a strong focus on theory and written work. On the Hospitality GCSE you will look at 3 main areas:
• The Hospitality Industry: Introducing the UK hospitality industry and customer service
• People in the Hospitality Industry: Developing skills to work in the hospitality industry
• Hospitality Operations: Preparing and serving food and beverages
At PCS we have strong links with Food Technology and the Catering Industry.
These are some of the things you might do on your course:
• Visit and enjoy hospitality at a variety of different local hospitality services
• Find out what's involved in running a restaurant, café or hotel
• Get to know the sector and the way it works by visiting and sampling services
• Learn about customer service and what it means
• Learn about food and drink service
• You'll learn about pricing and budgeting to take care of the books
How will you be assessed?
• Through coursework, a written and practical portfolio worth 60% of your final grade
• Through a written examination worth 40% of your final grade