There is an opportunity to increase student’s data allowances on mobile devices for free, with some mobile network providers.
This is available to your child if they have use of one of the mobile networks stated below. If this applies to you and would like to apply, please complete the Google Form and we will then provide this for the Department for Education (DfE). The DfE will then pass your information on to the network providers.
The DfE will be working on their own timescale so we won’t know if you are successful. You must read the privacy statement below in order to access the
increased allowance. You will be eligible for this data increase if you meet both of the criteria set out by the DfE:
1. Do not have fixed broadband at home
2. Cannot afford additional data for their devices
Children with access to a mobile phone on one of the following networks might be able to benefit:
• Virgin Mobile
• Sky Mobile
We will apply on your behalf and the networks will then decide if they will increase your child’s data.
Please complete the questionnaire below, if you think you may be eligible and would like us to apply for you. Please return this by Monday 18th of January.
1. For the purposes of data protection, I need to let you know that the Department for Education (DfE) is running the Mobile Network Offer through schools and their trusts or local authorities.
2. If the offer is taken up by an adult account holder, the school or social care team will share the account holder’s name and mobile phone details with
DfE, who will share these with the relevant mobile network operator.
3. The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as they qualify
4. The adult account holder’s personal data is only shared with their mobile network operator for the purposes of the offer. No names of children or other adults, other than adult account holder, are shared with the DfE or the mobile network operator.
5. No personal information will be shared with the DfE if you do not want to take up the offer.
6. If you want to know more about how your personal information will be used before you take up the offer, we can send that to you first.
7. If you decide to take up the offer, you’ll get a text message from the Department for Education with more information about your data protection rights.
Mr James Broadbent
Assistant Headteacher of Digital Learning