• Ring the absence line on 01273 575832
• Repeat for every day of absence
Please let the Attendance Office know by 8.30am on every day that your child is off school. If your child has been issued with a Doctor's Note detailing the agreed length of absence, you can forward this to the Attendance Office instead of calling each day.
You can telephone the Absence Line on 01273 575832. There is an answer phone for out-of-hours messages. You will need to leave the name of the student, their year group and the reason for absence.
You can use the free Studybugs app or register on the studybugs website
This procedure is essential as we need to be able to trace the whereabouts of every student in the event of a fire or other emergency.
If you are not sure who to contact, please use the school's general email:
|6/9/16 - 28/04/2017 (%)|
My name is Mandy Sutton and I am a Behaviour and Attendance Practitioner for the Education Support, Behaviour and Attendance Service at East Sussex County Council.
I am working in partnership with Peacehaven Community School to assist families and students to improve attendance.
I will be in school every Monday morning, during which time I will be available to contact or meet with parents/carers and work with young people to help address issues that are affecting school attendance.
If you are concerned about your child’s attendance or would like any advice or assistance with attendance related issues, please contact me at school or arrange an appointment. Email: Msutton@phcs.org.uk
Throughout the school year, certificates are given to individual students who achieve 100% attendance.
• Attendance is promoted in tutoring every term with each student assessing and monitoring their own attendance.
• Tutor group attendance is displayed on the school attendance board. The tutor groups with the highest attendance percentage and the most improved tutor group in their year, will be able to choose a prize from the tutor reward store.
• There are 3 rewards for high attendance and improved attendance. For each reward, students will be able to choose a prize from the Reward Store.
• Bronze rewards will be given for students improving their attendance by 10% in a long term.
• Silver rewards will be given to 5 students from each year group yrs 7-10 with 100% attendance. These will be awarded every long term.
• Gold rewards will be given to 1 student from each year group yrs 8-10 with 20% improved attendance in an academic year and 1 student from each year group in yrs 7-10 with 100% attendance in an academic year.
• Any year 11 student that has 100% attendance at the end of May will receive a discount on their prom ticket, contact home and a 100% attendance certificate.