SMHW Notifications - A guide on how to activate notifications for Show My Homework / Satchel:One
|Tutor time||1.40-2.00||Monday and Thursday tutor time live registration check-in
Students will be invited to join through their Tutor Group Google Classroom
The meeting code will appear in the banner at the top of the Google classroom
Note: Assembly times will be on the following days at 1.50:
Students will be invited to join through Google Classroom - go to tutor live registration at 1.40, your assembly will follow.
Click here for a PDF version
Our whole school approach to remote learning will replicate the effectiveness of live classroom teaching:
• Ensuring students receive clear explanations
• Supporting growth in confidence with new material through scaffolded practice
• Application of new knowledge or skills
• Enabling students receive feedback on how to progress
Whole school expectation:
• School work will be set daily according to the timetable
• Students will be expected to work on the number of subjects on their timetable per day
• Communication will be through SMHW and Google Classroom
• Work will be appropriate to the age and stage of the learner
• Work will be completed by all students
• Work will be monitored, assessed and feedback given
*For those students with no online access workpacks will be provided
|The Form tutor will:|
|Contact their tutor group with a check in email through Google Classroom weekly.
Invite students to share any concerns regarding distance learning and follow up.
|Some students will have a Keyworker who will:|
|Contact the student with either an email or phone call weekly.
Follow up any issues/concerns with appropriate staff.
|Teaching staff will:|
|Use Show My Homework to direct students towards task.
Prepare high quality, differentiated lessons in Google Classroom.
Deliver lessons in line with timetable schedule.
Be available to answer any questions students may have at the time they are being expected to attempt tasks.
Deliver at least one Loom lesson a week.
Make it clear as to how they wish students to submit work.
Monitor progress and feedback to students.
Monitor attendance through GC, by asking students to engage using classroom stream.
Inform parents and carers if work is not being completed.
|Check their emails every morning by 8.50am.
Check their timetable every morning.
Follow the structure of their normal timetable on a daily basis.
Engage with their classroom teacher through class stream to confirm attendance.
Email their class teacher if they are struggling with any of the work set.
|Check the work set by 8.50am.
Help their child plan the structure of the day.
Check that the work has been understood and ask their child to contact the teachers via their swale.at emails.
Raise any concerns with their child’s teacher.