Inset & Bank Holiday Arrangements
● Removal of the INSET day on Friday 1st April 2022. This will now be a normal school day and finish at 3pm
● School is open following the Easter break on Tuesday 19th April (as Monday 18th is a Bank Holiday)
● INSET day 29th June 2022 Staff training and preparation - school closed to students
● INSET day 30th June 2022 Staff training and preparation - school closed to students
● Queen’s Jubilee extra Bank Holiday 1st July 2022 - school closed to staff and
● New academic year with new timetables - Monday 4th July 2022
As you may be aware, an extra bank holiday has been announced for 3rd June 2022 for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
As most schools will be on half-term at the time of the bank holiday. A change to the Regulations will allow maintained schools to be able to close at another time to give staff and students an extra day off.
The date PCS has allocated for this extra day off is 1st July 2022.
Please see the below for further details about this and other INSET arrangements for the year.
New academic year
We will be starting the new academic year in term 6 on Monday 4th July 2022. This is something that we had planned to do for the last couple of years, but have been thwarted by Covid-19. Our fabulous Y11 students will have left us and it is when we look to welcome our new students with some transition activities to help them settle into secondary school life. They will be able to do this with the majority of the teachers that they will have in September.
To make this more effective we will bring in a new timetable that will then stay in place after the summer holidays. Please don’t let this worry you. We have planned our subject curriculums taking this into account, as well as lost learning due to Covid-19. We have ensured that students will not miss out on the last term of learning skills and knowledge, as these are built into the curriculum learning journey’s. Where this has happened in other schools there is a great benefit from students feeling less apprehensive about starting a new year, new classes with new teachers after having a long break.